#6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-11, 14:45

Plan: ProteinPower/WAPF
Stats: 163/163/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrange
wow, Mfish, your pregnancy sounds awesome!
I am nearly 7 weeks along and feeling pretty good. Have kept sugar out of my diet pretty much and kept my carb fairly low. some days higher than others. some days I don't eat any carbs at all.

as for breastfeeding, my 4 yr old (I know! crazy!) only has "one sip" every now and then, so I can't really offer up much advice... except that if you and your nursling tolerate dairy products, maybe up your intake instead of the amount of carbs you eat, and maybe start offering hard cheese to your nursling? I personally wouldn't go over 100 carbs on most days...

I really like the book Real Food for Mom and baby by Nina Planck, she has a lot of great recommendations for pregnant and nursing mamas, and babies.

what is your body telling your to eat? how far along are you?

congrats, btw!!

I have to say that since cutting back on carbs and actually consuming more salt (in the forms of pickles & some bacon lol, what a combo!) and protein, my morning sickness has really kind of disappeared except right after I eat something which is VERY nice side effect. I'm still consuming on the high side of carb intake(100-150), but it feels about right - I feel good in general. I have to break my sugar in the coffee habit, which will cut out 30carbs a day if I am drinking 2 large cups.

Farm fresh eggs and fresh milk have been a staple of my diet so far and are a great place for good fats, protein & nutrition (fresh milk is sooo nourishing for you!)

I'm 7w3d today <3 and my nursling is almost 9 months old.

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy! How are YOU feeling so far?