#13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-11, 13:07

Plan: Primal Atkins
Stats: 191.4/187/140 Female 68in
BF:More than I need
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
So um - in return for jogging and sprinting for 20 minutes, the most unpleasant 20 minutes - I burn 35 more fat calories over walking? No thank you. But then I don't enjoy it.

Great post. Your comment brings up such a good point - a lot of this comes down to what you like and therefore, what you'll do 5 days a week. My Mom loves to walk and she's always telling me to go for a walk. I HATE walking (unless I'm actually going somewhere). But walking for exercise? Can't stand it. I've seen all the studies that show that walking is just as good as jogging for general good health and that makes me happy for my Mom and all the other walkers out there.

But give me some good jogging & sprinting that leaves me sweaty and gasping at the end and I'm in. Each to his/her own.

BTW - I've had good luck losing weight doing intervals at high intensity (not strict HIIT). I've found that for me what I eat has much more impact on my weight than my specific choice for exercise. The only time I notice exercise having a big impact is when I don't do any at all.