View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-10, 16:24

Plan: NONE
Stats: 170/151/151 Male 72 INCHES
BF:
Progress:
Default Small Dense LDL cholesterol

At various Websites there are posts from individuals who are Low Carbers and are successful in getting much improved cholesterol numbers. They get their numbers from the VAP Test or one of the other tests that give a break down of the LDL subclasses. Their HDL rises to say 65, their Triglycerides dive to say 60 and LDL stays about the same. All looks great. But these individuals then say that their LDL profile has moved from the "GOOD" pattern A (the large fluffy LDL particle size) to the "EVIL" pattern B (the small dense LDL). The pattern B is thought to be a dangerous risk for heart disease. Now this only happens to a small minority of Low Carbers so do not get the idea that I am trying to scare people here. It is actually an uncommon problem. Most people going Low Carb actually improve the A/B pattern. I suspect that this is brought on by something in the diet for example to much saturated fat. It may be a genetic problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences on how to reverse this pattern B problem?

Thank you for reading my post!
Sponsored Links