#5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-10, 12:43

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Yeah, 15mg of armour is like nothing! Even 30mg is a teeny dose. Are you taking something else as well?

Your TSH should be lower, definitely. Your FT3 is very low too. You want to be towards the top of the range of that. The other ones. If you're taking enough armour your TSH should be quite low. T3 seems to suppress it more than T4-only does.

No, I'm not taking anything else prescribed. Before I started reading up on thyroid, I was often in the "normal" range, but barely -- always just about to get to 5. My docs always prescribed a small amount of levothyroxine, but that just kept me in that "normal" spot, and I never improved. At the time I didn't realize that I should be much closer to the low end of the TSH range, not the high. My current doc is not great, but I was able to convince her to run FT3 and prescribe me Armour. So I think she will work with me to keep increasing doses, doing tests, and to get me to a much more therapeutic range.

I am taking D3, coconut oil, chromium, cinnamon, and other supplements to help with insulin resistance and pre-diabetes (fasting BG down to 84 from 98). And I did stop the statins and blood pressure meds -- no longer necessary. So my body is definitely changing its chemistry, I'm just not sure why it seems to have affected my thyroid negatively.

thoughts?