View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 19:03

Plan: Meats & Veggies
Stats: 255/167/160 Female 66 inches
BF:??/36%/25%
Progress: 93%
Default Healing tooth decay

OK, so I've joined the Crazy Train. I'm looking at one (possibly two) root canals and half a dozen fillings of various shapes and sizes. So, of course, I've been reading up on natural way to stop (and reverse) tooth decay.

It keeps coming back to Weston Price. Low carb, high organ-fat diets, according to Price, would stop and even reverse cavities. From this article (one of many, but the only one I'm including)
Quote:
Our teeth can rebuild themselves, and cover themselves over with a hard and glassy layer

Really? All I have to do is eat liver? No, seriously, if that will avoid a root canal, I'm all in.

This seems more like fiction than fact. I can't wrap my mind around it, maybe it's years of indoctrination that teeth don't heal, but I just don't believe it. Sometimes, it seems like people take the benefits of low carb a little too far.

On the flip side, it seems reasonable that teeth could heal. We only have one set of them. But there's nothing in modern medical literature (that I've seen in my searchers) that even hints of it. Maybe it's just a really nice thought?
Sponsored Links