View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-10, 13:17

Plan: 75%Fat. 20%Prot. 5%Carbs
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default How to politely refuse unwanted food?

I have a friend. She has been skinny all her life without effort. Every time she comes to watch movies together, she brings pizza/soda/ice cream or other High-Carb treats. She knows I’ve always been struggling with all kind of diets. If I refuse, she starts to tease me (like "come on, just a slice/a glass/a scoop won’t hurt"); if I accept, again, she starts to tease me (“Are you going to make a gastric bypass?” or “Have you ever heard of colon cancer? You should eat more soup!”). One day she was vaunting because she made her sister-in-law cheat and forget about diet and that poor girl even gained

OK, I know, I shouldn’t be friend with a person like this and I often try to ignore her. But I have other people like her in my life and I can’t ignore them (i.e. my father). My father’s coming home in a week and he’s going to drive me insane: “How many eggs do you eat?”, “Drink a glass of wine with us. We should celebrate!”, “Bring that cake!” etc.

Last week I was at a picnic. I refused beer (I hate alcohol!) but finally they convinced me, I drank – twice! - I don’t even like the taste! I’m too weak and shy to refuse someone (especially when they're older than me).

So how do we refuse this type of people? I know it all depends of the relationship we have with that person, but I’m looking forward to hear about your experiences, please!
Sponsored Links