View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-10, 22:56
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 173/150/145 Female 5' 7'
BF:34/28.8/25
Progress: 82%
Default Excuse my dumb question... Blood sugar is 130 2 hrs after eating - is this bad??

Hello, pardon me for barging in on your forum. I'm not a diabetic - or at least I thought I wasn't until tonight.
I'm a visitor from the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet Forum. In case you're not familiar we eat protein & veggies only for 2 meals and can have one meal a day of equal parts protein, veggies and any carb we want (keeping it within 1 hour).
Out of curiosity I wanted to find out if artificial sweeteners spiked my blood sugar so I got a glucose meter and started doing random tests on my BS. I seemed to get good results from my low carb meals - my BS would be about 85 1.5 hrs after a meal. I tested myself tonight 2 hrs. after my meal w/carbs and my BS was 130. That's higher than it should be isn't it? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this blood sugar thing. But wondering if this is something I should be concerned with. Oh and BTW I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed 6 months ago and am now a little low thyroid (I read somewhere on here that sometimes there's a connection). Thanks sooo much for any input you guys can provide and excuse the intrusion!!!
Sponsored Links