Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally posted by Spang
Have you tried looking for diabetic related food?

Thanks for the suggestion, and I have. There are no such shelves in our groceries here any more. I was happy today, to find sugarfree peanut butter at a little local Oriental grocery shop. Made my day! I'm entering every shop I can see selling food nowadays, to see if maybe they have some sugar free things. My hint for today was a shop located where lots of seniors lives, but no catch there either. The food market in Sweden are ruled by two big companies and no matter what shop you enter - they sell the same stuff. It's too bad really, but the truth. That's why I try to visit those special shops instead (I live in a small city, too...).
Quote:

Montignac talks less about nneding fat free / low fat foods - I've always been fine with cheese of any type, and I drink fat free milk just out of personal preference (and a lot of it!)

And this is the way I have interpreted him as well. He talks about low fat food in the morning, no fat in the evening etc. I also drank fat free milk while doing Montignac.

Quote:

try and see if you can get acceptable alternatives to things like bread - eat rye, pasta - get soy / quinoa / wholewheat pasta, rice - eat brown basmatic or wild rice. eat a little of these with a lot of vegetables / protein.

I'm sorry, but this did not work for me - I stalled and even started to gain weight. I realized that if I would continue to loose weight I had to reduce the carbs even more. It was than I started to surf for other - more low carb oriented - diets. I am pretty sure I can eat like that during maintance, but not as long as I want to loose weight. I may be too impatience, but I do want to see some result of my tryings. I'm loosing about 0.75 kg/week (1,5 pounds?) which I think is a pretty good rate. I'm the kind of person that if I start doing something - I do it to 200%! I think we all are different and different plans works on different people.

Quote:
Good luck on whatever plan you are using!

Thank you! And I still think that Montignac is the way to live for the rest of my life! It's a great theory and I believe in it! I just adjusted it a bit during weight loss!

Regards

--Maria
Sponsored Links