#15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 12:24

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello22
As a fairly opinionated person - who tends to believe that her way is the best way - I can say that this line of reasoning would have me running around instructing strangers on how to conduct themselves all the time. I keep my opinions to myself, generally, even when I really, really, really believe I'm right and the other person would profit from my wisdom.

(Sometimes I slip however. Last night a mom drove out to the country to pick up her 16 yo daughter from my house after the girl and my 18 yo son had lied to her to convince her to bring the girl out and leave her alone there with my boy - apparently I was present and we were having a b-day party . When the girl spoke rudely to her mom, the words "Don't you talk to your mother that way" were out of my mouth before I could stop myself. )

And parents are already such victims of this kind of thing: random advice from strangers who think they know what's best. Trouble is I might disapprove of the mom in the produce section smacking her 6 year old, and the guy next to me might think it's the best idea in the world.

We live in a free and diverse society, and personally I try to leave other people alone if they're not breaking the law, disturbing the peace, or hurting me in some way.

Nowhere did I say he should have begun criticizing these two women right there on the plane. Instead, he wrote an article about what happened and his observations.

Yes, I know that nutritionist can give some wrong info on how to lose weight, but find me one that say eating cheese puffs is good? I have a personal friend who is constantly eating junk food (ice cream, little debbies, chips, etc.) and I know this because I see her do it with my own eyes, but if you listen to her tell her story of why she cannot lose weight, she swears she eats almost nothing and diets constantly, but yet she seems to be eating everytime I am around her. Do I say something to her? No, of course not, that is her choice. Do I know why she is overweight and can't lose any weight, you betcha! Now was it wrong of me to mention that here? Does that make me a jerk or does it make me rude? NO, it doesn't.