View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 12:18
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

I have so much fun working out. I go to a gym and have the trainer and the latest equipment but it is a group and we just love it or we wouldn't keep signing up for it.

I have belonged to a gym for years but I actually thought I was working out but had not idea that I was running in circles. I didn't take into consideration my heart rate and what I burn doing exercises. I didn't understand what I burned after the exercise. I just ran on a treadmill or elliptical and lifted some weights. I found I was going over my anaerobic threshold and not doing as much for myself. I am so happy that I found out how to work out smart and not just kill myself going faster or harder or what ever I was doing before I decided to get educated on exercise.

But moving is moving and moving is better than sitting. So anything is better than nothing. Use it or lose it really is the key. I feel stronger than when I was in my 20s and I am 40 now. I love exercising and I wish I felt like this years ago when I was just going through the motions.

I would eat less and exercise more. Now I do the opposite. I look at my pictures posted here and can't believe I am about the same weight but it looks so different and those clothes don't fit me anymore because exercise transformed my body. But I really started it just for my lipids. It was HDL, not any LDL problem that I had.

HDL can be raised by niacin and fish oil but not for me. They didn't work. The only other way is exercise. That was my experiment. Would it work??? That fact that it worked is great but the other benefits I got out of it are priceless.