Old Fri, Jul-24-09, 03:02
Registered Member

Plan: basic low carb
Stats: 160.7/138.8/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Shiritaki noodles

Hey Samina

As far as I can see on the web sweet potatoes are confused with yams, but aren't the same thing. (That is if you believe everything you read on Wikipedia!)

Anyway,the noodles do have a fishy smell when you first get them out of the packet. After you rinse them, boil them and rinse them again, the odour is pretty much gone, but you still need to put them in some sort of sauce to flavour them. The main thing with these noodles is that they take on the flavour of whatever sauce they are in, but their texture is really different from normal noodles. They're sort of chewy, but not in a bad way - it's hard to explain but they're not unpleasant at all!

I don't have a recipe for a laksa, I just use the laksa paste from the supermarket - the brand I use is Valcom, it has 16.1g of carbs per 100g, and all I do is fry that paste up, add your chicken, steak, seafood whatever you want, coconut milk, fresh beansprouts, garnish with coriander, and pour over noodles. VOILA - sensational laksa!! Do you know, I made my hubby bring me a laksa at least twice a week when I was pregnant - its a wonder I can even stomach them!