Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 13:00
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/297.6/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
hello folks, just dropping in to get your thoughts on my condundrum. I have PCOS and other health issues so from January i've been taking D3 25000 IU about 4 times per week to the present. I can't afford and my doctor won't test my D levels so I'm going by symptom inprovement. Last year I did great and felt great doing that amount of D for about 4 months and then going off until November 2008.

I upped my dose from Jan 2009 thinking it would help me get over fatigue, body, bone and joint pain as well as the PCOS stuff. I also wanted to get a head start to prevent sunburn when warm weather started and so I thought a good 5 months at this dose would suit me fine. I also take 400-600mg magnesium per day and occasionally some potassium. I can't take too much potassium because of my PCOS medications but I will once in a while to make sure it can work with the D and Mag.

So, I had the chance to spend some time in the sun recently and so I did. I was out for about an hour and I burned my neck and chest and everything else didn't change colour at all!

What am I missing or doing wrong that I burned at this dosage? I'm thinking of going to 50 000 IU per day ....what do you all think?
I don't really know enough about the circumstances to do other than speculate.

Was this your first time out this season for this long?

Were you lying down sunning?

Are you large busted?

The neck and bust would be very vulnerable.

It might have been too much, too soon.