#17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-09, 14:12

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 227/216/177 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Friday

Hi Abby:

actually I dont work full time but I still get wiped--I dont have a lot of energy in general. I will try the vit d--first I will check to see if it is in my multi. I do take other supplements and I really advocate for omega 3. When I was on nutrisystem I found that taking that made me lose faster--up to 1 lb a week.

so today was my second low gi day and I made some oatmeal for brekkie--I admit I had a tiny bit of brown sugar on it and a little ICBINB. I had one cup which is about a fist and I was so full I could not eat the hardboiled egg I had made. I am about to have it now. I am keeping track of everything on my fitday so I have a good idea of what works and what doesnt for upcoming weeks.

Yeah I was getting a little bummed cuz I was till up two lbs from my cheat and yesterday I was up another .5 lb. So that is why I read some more in the book and realized about the whole issue of fat loss vs water gain and gaining muscle etc that may bring the scale up or look like a stall but in fact we are getting smaller. I noticed that my clothes were looking a tad baggy so I was re-assured. Then this AM i had lost the 2.5 again. So I think the scale is not a good indicator for this diet. I use it to keep myself accountable in general but maybe for now I should try to stay away.

Ok this is a long post but I wanted to add that I noticed that we both have lost more than half of the weight we want to lose and I think that this diet is great for the last part of weight loss. I say this cuz I felt I lost too much muscle in the last part of the lo-cal diet I did--I was very flabby and even tho I started lifting weights I still couldnt get the muscle to kick in. So this is one of the major reasons I am interested in this plan--muscle gain with fat loss and keeping my metabolism up.

Take care and keep me posted!

Sno

PS--I think my goal for upcoming cheat day will be to eat anything I want but not stuff!!