Registered Member

Plan: Angry Paleo
Stats: 375/205/180 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Paleo Critique of the Optimal Diet

Kwasniewski Informational Thread - READ THIS FIRST

Dr. Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet

Dr. Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet -- What are you eating?

I don't think any of us owns this book; I don't. Reading through the threads above (is there one more somewhere, Nancy?), I have a few questions that have not been answered, and I was hoping that someone who knew more about the Optimal Diet could fill us in on details.

1. Does Dr. Kwasniewski assert that excess dietary protein is turned into fat?

1a. If so, what is the metabolic process responsible for turning dietary protein into fat?

2. The Optimal Diet is high in carbohydrate (compared to most other low-carb diets) and high in fat. Why is excess carbohydrate not turned into fat and why is excess fat not turned into fat?

3. Is the premise of the Optimal Diet that it that no excess macronutrients are consumed?

4. How did the doctor arrive at these numbers? I've seen quotes I don't trust saying that he tested the numbers on himself and his family.

5. Has the doctor considered that fat loss by folks on his diet is attributable to the (probable) reduction in dietary carbohydrate?

Like I said, I don't own the books(s), and I suppose all my questions would be answered if I did, but hopefully I can flush out an expert or two here to give us more substance to consider.
Sponsored Links