Old Thu, Feb-26-09, 14:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylon
No, not yet on a low carb diet. I just found this site and doc has not even really discussed diet that much although I know that's a very important factor in getting the trigs lowered.
My diet is probably worse than anyone you know.
Coca-cola throughout the day...mixed with (packaged) cappaccino or coffee and a bite or two of a fast break candy bar... (its like my body craves these things and nothing else) until late evening....when I have my main meal...which is usually fairly well balanced.
I could probably lower the numbers significantly just by changing my diet but when I eat anything of any significance throughout the day...I get really tired and sleepy. Therefore, I eat at night before going to bed. Horrible I know...but it's just the rut that I've fallen into. I'm just not hungry anymore until late in the evening.
Ok, this might sound less gentle than you wish. I'm sorry but you probably need to hear this...

I think the fish oil is going to be worthless for you. The reason you have these high triglycerides is because of all the sugar, especially fructose, you're eating. I don't think that fish oil can counteract all that. Dr. Davis uses it in people that have high triglycerides due to a genetic difference, not because they're over-dosing on sugars. You're probably pre-diabetic too, that usually goes along with diet related high triglycerides.

Get off the sugars and you won't need the fish oil (not that it's going to really help all that much with your diet the way it is).

Also, you'd be better off not eating ANYTHING during the day than eating that stuff. A lot of people here eat only 1-2 meals a day. If you're not hungry, why are you eating?

Seriously, get a bag of nuts or some jerky. Not candy bars and cokes!