#15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-09, 07:24

Plan: paleo
Stats: 134/143/154 Male 183cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-effect
Oh. My. God. We press on with these claims. Are you actually trying to say that Type 1s can eliminate insulin through diet???? I read the article, and that person *does not yet have diabetes* -- he has the antibodies. The study cannot predict when and if he will *get* diabetes. I mean, I had the antibodies for 22 years before the autoimmune response hit.
I hope that you only attempt to spread this information on this forum, where there aren't many Type 1's- that way your dangerous misinformation will not hurt anyone.

V.

About pre-diabetes, I think that it's dangerous to even suggest that someone is pre-diabetic, that gives a false sense of security, you're diabetic or not, if your glucose metabolism is disrupted and tends to go higher than normal values, no matter what the source is or how "strong" it is, you're diabetic.

My view is that this "pre-diabetic" label will do more harm than anything else, talk about dangerous misinformation.

I get that you are convinced that type I is only caused by the genes, that they're "defective" or something similar. I strongly disagree, excluding Mody, I see a lot of possibilities, infections, vaccines, food, malnutrition, genes, etc... depending on the specific case.

I'm getting the impression that the western school medicine establishment is grouping quite different problems together, which show the same symptoms.

In the case of the boy that had this silent gluten problematic, I'm very sure that if he wouldn't have been caught by some, probably, strike of luck, he would be injecting insulin and be qualified as a genuine type I for the rest of his life.