View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 17:02

Plan: Dukan Diet
Stats: 209/198.5/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Well I'm back on track after Thanksgiving. I decided to do a 27-day challenge until Christmas day. I started Saturday 11/29 and intend to stick to my plan until Christmas day. I'm hoping this will help keep me from the constant snacking on sweets that happens this time of year. Otherwise the few days of Thanksgiving can turn into 6 weeks of eating high carb and a whole lotta weight gain!

I was eating dinner with a friend this weekend and he told me he doesn't really like sweets. I was shocked, I don't understand how such a thing is possible, how can one not like sweets? He confessed that if he opens a bag of Oreos he will eat the whole bag, so instead he tells himself & the world, that he 'doesn't really like sweets'. He never let's himself start eating them. He's in great shape and has never had a weight problem so I was surprised to hear that he gives such thought to how he eats. I guess I always assumed that people who've never had a weight problem are somehow born with some magical ability that allows them not to think about what they put in their mouths, but nevertheless stay the same size. Turns out he just has better control than I do!

I like his strategy of developing a mantra to convince himself he doesn't like sweets. I'm going to repeat the following in my head until I start to believe it. Well all but the 2nd line is true. Hopefully by surrounding it with true statements, my mind will start to accept it as truth as well.

Sweets make me sick
Sweet tastes are unpalatable
I like the savory taste of meats and vegetables
I prefer the taste of fresh whole foods