View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 09:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

This forum doesn't get a lot of traffic unfortunately.

Quote:
During this time I found that every time I ate I got headachy and very tired and top of it I was developing more constant chronic symptoms including headache, irritablity, fatigue, a sense of unease and worst of all a debilitating "brain Fog" that wouldn't even allow me to enjoy playing with my children

You know, this is how a lot of people feel that have a gluten sensitivity. Would you consider trying a gluten free diet for awhile? A couple of weeks should probably give you a good idea if you have this issue.

Gluten is found in wheat, barley, rye (some other wheat type of grains), beer, and commonly soy sauce. You can Google around to get an idea of how to find (and avoid) gluten and work around it. Also, if you want a medical test there's one from Enterolab.com that will test for gluten sensitivity and even do genetic testing. One gene in particular, HLA DQ1, seems to be connected to brain related issues of gluten. And there's a message forum here: http://www.glutenfreeandbeyond.org that has some really well informed people should you have questions.

It sure helped me with a lot of the brain symptoms you're experiencing.

Oops, someone bumped an ancient thread. Oh well, maybe it'll help someone else in the future.