Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Mine
Stats: 127/127/120 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy

I know
I wish I had something to tell you. My life has been destroyed by all this. It's been 6 years since I first got sick, and I can't keep a job, even a measly 18.5 hours a week in 3-4 hour shifts was too much. Had to move in with my father in a retirement community, and am on my 2nd appeal for Social Security, which they won't grant me because there are no "objective findings" (lab tests) to corroborate how sick I am, and I think a little prejudice...you almost can't blame them when it's called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ridiculous. If working wasn't like banging my head against the wall and kept making me sicker and more depressed every time I get fired because I can't keep up...well if there was any way I could, I'd do it. The only doctor I was able to afford to see, because he gave me credit, was the Holistic Chiropractor I mentioned (also the only one who helped at all, as I tried all kinds before I ran out of money, and even had to stop seeing him after I got stabilized) and then they also penalized me (Social Security) because they don't take a chiropractors word, even though I went 3 times a week for months and they had a documentation of my symptoms, but I couldn't afford a "real" doctor so it meant nothing...umm, that's why I need benefits!
I would be homeless if not for my father happening to have the opportunity to buy a place right at the moment when I was out of options. Sick and homeless despite my best efforts. But he can't house me AND support me too! And most people think things like this don't happen in the U.S.A. ...
I guess our best bet is to raise awareness, hope they figure something out and start taking our plight more seriously.
These are life changing illnesses...They need to quit labeling us with ludicrous sounding ailments and DO something to help us!
I guess for now it's up to us to help ourselves, and each other...hang in there...