#68   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-08, 18:45

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifezilla
There is a world of difference between giving people good solid information and then having some not follow recommendations due to personal choice -and- not giving people the right information because you ASSUME they are too stupid, lazy or unmotivated to follow it.

A lot of doctors take this tact (and the ADA, too). In my experience, in my neck of the woods with some pretty sophisticated food types, low carb or moderate carb is pretty normal. Most people do a moderate carb diet, maybe still low fat if they haven't caught the "fat is Ok" train but most do eventually. Lots of people we know at least attempt a no sugar/no grains diet at some point. Most don't keep with it. Most people I know are extremely impressed with the way I eat and do think it's the healthiest way to eat. There is a generational divide on this one to a certain degree - very young people are usually still on the vegan track and older people might still be on the high fiber track. Unfortunately, many people think it's just not possible for them. People do think it's odd that we don't feed our kids lots of carbs, but that's about it.

We are also in the part of the country that never gave up butter, so there you go.

Janine