#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 22:34
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%
Default #^%* Scales

We all know the scales lie. We know they dissapoint us and don't move when they should. Sometimes they surprise us in a good way. That's how the ride works.

This is a serious question: what do you do if you think the scale is really lying its butt off? As in the number is unbelievable. Normally, as in before I lived here in the hinterlands, I would simply get in the car and drive to the doc's office then get on his scales. They, unfortunately, never show a fantasy number. But, my doctor is a 3 hour drive away and, get this, I don't know anyone here who owns scales except me.

I got on the scales just a little while ago and they said 185. I don't believe that is right. At first I thought I read it wrong, so I tried them again. They were a little slow responding but they said 185 again. I replaced the batteries because of the slowness and it said 185. So I made DH get on them and they gave him a number that is dead center in his weight range. Then I got a 5 pound bag of flour and got on the scales and it showed me at 190.2. Put down the flour it said 185.

I honestly do not believe it is possible. I have been carrying a lot of water weight for days and it did come off today, but this is 8 pounds below what I weighed 10 days ago. So my question is if you are in the middle of nowhere and really don't believe the scale, what would you do to check your weight?

I don't really have any clothes to check my size with or I would do that.
Sponsored Links