#2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 09:33

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Anyone doing all bodyweight exercise for their physical fitness? I'm interested in anyone's advice and experience. I've been impressed by everything I've found about this category of exercise, and it seems to be a perfect match for the Paleo philosophy -- how did the first human beings stay physically fit? How are human beings designed to exercise?

It all fits together, it seems to me. Of course, I'm only barely beginning.

And now, I'm already semi-sidelined because my left knee seems to be inexplicably sore for two days. I haven't done anything drastic at all - pushups situps, some supported pull-ups, and short-distance runs (literally just 1/10th of a mile between every one or two exercises, no long-distance running), and I even ran mostly on earth rather than hard concrete.

I intend to do bodyweight and Paleo as my plan. So, if anyone else here has experience with bodyweight exercise as one's overall physical fitness plan, please chime in!

I am interested in this. Can you give a link or something for more information. I run and swim, but I don't lift weights and I am interested in increasing muscle.