View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 13:32
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

dnarroyo, I'm right there with you with the fears/concerns about losing control.
This is the third time I've taken off all this weight, and know this is about the time I fell off the wagon in the previous 2 attempts, and sometimes I wonder if it's just fear of losing control, and not really losing control.... You know, like years ago when I stopped biting my nails and they finally grew out long and pretty and I started painting and manicuring and taking care of them, and I would dream I'd bitten them all off in my sleep?
I've heard people on this board say they've had vivid dreams of cheating... same thing, I think... subconcious fears.

But we know what we need to do and how to do it.
I would like to eventually lose another 20 pounds, but right now, my appetite is up, I'm feeling hungry quite often, so I'm settling for maintaining. My strategy is to keep the house stocked with my low carb favorites, and if I feel hungry, eat, so I am not tempted by carbage or feel deprived.

Another strategy that helps me is to continue to track in Fitday, so I have tangible evidence that I'm doing ok. My calories may be higher than they were while I was losing (1800 vs 1400) but that's not failure and I may be feeling fear that I'm losing control, but fitday shows otherwise. It's reassuring. Without the tracking, I may have given in to the "I already blew it, so might as well dive in face first" way of thinking, when it wasn't even true.