View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Glad you are going to a new doc.

I can second the T3 advice. I'm on Levoxyl (t4) AND Cytomel (T3) also. I could feel a marked difference when I switched.

I, too, had my thyroid removed. I had a tennis-ball sized goiter on the one side and a small sac of papillary cancer on the other.

No further iodine treatment for me, but I do want to keep my TSH levels as close to 0 as possible because we don't want more thyroid cells growing.

Today I saw my family doctor (she will handle the routine thyroid stuff now) and she said that my numbers were in the normal range. I had to ask to suppress, but she readily agreed to up my Levoxyl ... I hope that will make weight loss a bit easier as well as give me a bit more energy all-around.

"Normal" is a wide range ... so even though you're in the normal range, it may not be "normal" for you. That's why a good doctor who knows the thyroid is mandatory.

I'm lucky that my family doctor, too, had thyroid cancer, so she is very current on these things.

She told me a new medication was available that mixed the T3 & T4. It was a 1xday med, but it had to be refrigerated. Since the levoxyl and cytomel was working for me, I decided to stick with them.