View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 11:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 207/185/190
BF:17%/14%/9%
Progress: 129%
Lightbulb Atkins on Larry King Live(a little long)

Hello every one:
It seems that the low carb network is somewhat of a little family. So I wanted to share this with you. Though the plan I am currently on is Protein Power, I promote Lo carb lifestyle in general.
Anyway to get to the news. Dr. Atkins was on Larry King Live last night and for some who have not read any of his books in its entirety, some of the stuff maybe new for others it is a healthy reminder. He is promoting a new book and an upcoming book on diabetes and obesity. For him the link between the two is about 60% (60% of the clients he has dealing with obesity have diabetes(at the atkins center)) . Take a look at the transcript. I am posting it here. http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/06/lkl.00.html

Also I have a question for those I have read that have gone off the their eating plan and then come back. Moreso just an observation and suggestion. It would seem that because the Atkins eating plan is a lot like the Protein Power that it has stages that a person can go through until they get to an eating plan with more carbohydrates about 70-130 g. If that is true it would make more since that if you are considering coming off the eating plan to only go up in the stages. Reasoning is that this way you will save the metabolic and positive health benefits that you aquired at your lower levels of carbohydrate intake. This is just an observation and suggestion. I would think this may help reduce some of the guilty feelings associated with "falling off the wagon". It should also keep you in control of your destiny of a healthy lifestyle. Take care all