View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 10:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi Cricket and Rachel. I hope Snickers finds her way here too, and Bluepants comes back. And welcome to anyone else who would like to join us.

Cricket, thanks for the blueberry tip. I will do exactly what you suggested. I hate that you have to cut down the pear tree....did you consider letting people pick those too, since you're doing a pick your own blueberries? I canned pears one year....they were so good.

Quote:
I know the protein is lower than it should be... at my weight, what do you recommend the % to weight is?

Protein: 1 gr. per lb of goal weight. So, my goal weight right now is 130 so I try to eat 130 gr. of protein a day.

What is your target for fats, carbs, and calories?

My carbs come from lowcarb bread and vegetables mostly.

Rachel: Glad you've joined us.
I just started IF Feb. 7th. I love the control I'm feeling over eating, but have yet to stay on my meal plans, therefore haven't really lost much. I've been good about staying within my 4 hour window, and that is BIG for me. It's really helped my binge eating problem. And it's so nice to feel full! I was always chasing after that "full feeling" and rarely experiencing it. Then would come the binge eating. My window is noon to 4:00, and I exercise around 2:00 so it's working really well. My energy/strength level is much better doing this.

Rachel, how do you like teaching? My DS is getting his teaching degree now and plans to teach a year and then go to law school. But he isn't 100% sure he wants to be a lawyer, so that could change. He is sure he wants to experience teaching. I'll be glad when he gets it all figured out.

You've done great with your weight. You mentioned calories....how many are you getting?

I'm zig-zagging my macros (cals, fats, carbs, prots.). I have a plan that I think is going to work well....soon as I start doing it. My routine has been messed up lately but should be back on track now, so next week I'm very hopeful.

I tried that cauliflower pizza crust yesterday. It was good, and easy. Makes 4 servings and I ate all 4. I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.

Cricket....17 years younger huh? I can't imagine.