View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 09:11

Plan: Reduced Calorie LC w/ IF
Stats: 190/130/115 Female 5'6"
BF:Still Too High!
Progress: 80%

I like the show. I mean sometimes it's hugely frustrating that they don't address the differences in losses between men and women (and God FORBID a woman has her period during a weigh-in) but all in all I think it's great for people to watch and to participate in.

I couldn't lose weight eating what they do, but that's because I am excessively carb sensitive. I mean, I can eat two steaks and lose weight... But eat a half a baked potato and I'm trying to recover from that for days. I do think these people participating in the shows have EXTREME psychological issues that even ENABLE them to get as fat as they do, and if being on the show and having the coaching helps them through it, I think it is wonderful.

I will say that I'd love to see a low carb version done, but it wouldn't exactly be profitable. I mean, who "manufactures" the meats, eggs, and cheeses along with fresh veggies that would be consumed? And what companies (considering that 75% of all advertising is food-related) would pay to advertise their high-carb junk during the episode?

I do think that on a low carb plan the participants could lose lots of weight while still eating satisfying quantities of tasty foods. That's the benefit of LC. But it isn't the ONLY thing that works.