View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/179/170 Male 72"
BF:20.5%/14.8%/8%
Progress: 55%

This really is an interesting topic (if I do say so myself). Many questions to be answered. Unfortunately, this is a topic that is hard to find good information about. A lot of biased conflicting opinions from the pharmaceutical companies and reverse theories coming from the sun worshipers (a.k.a. The Indoor Tanning Industrial Complex). By the way, I thought February was Black History Month. Or, at least that's what I heard on the Howard Stern Show. Stern is planning on honoring African-Americans every day in the month of February by presenting a daily black joke. This is a level of political correctness unmatched since last October when Stern celebrated National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by giving out free on-air breast exams to strippers. (No, Howard Stern is not a doctor, but he did read a pamphlet, so he's qualified.)

A key question brought up is: Even if indoor tanning (or outdoor tanning) is safe, does it cause wrinkling? I wish I knew the answer. But, I think I'm going to try a tanning salon (after asking all of the relevant questions about spectrum, etc.). As ElleH mentioned, asking for scientific advice from the bronzed bimbettes who work in these cancer dens is probably futile. I imagine these "intellectuals" trying to explain the the theory of electromagnetic radiation to customers using a diagram written in crayon. My main concern is to go very gradually. Like, five minutes a day. I happen to a person who looks SO much better with a nice tan. Contrary to the book's advice, outdoor tanning in the winter is not a realistic option.

Speaking of the book (Protein Power Lifeplan), I'm almost finished with chapter two, which was a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo about insulin. A little hard for a political scientist like myself to follow. Although, chapter one was fun to read! It was all about pre-historic anthropology. I LOVE reading about cavemen!

ElleH: Thanks for the tip about Dr. Eades Blog. Where is that blog on the 'net?

P.S. Tan lines are sexy!