View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-07, 11:15

Plan: M&E/IF/ZC
Stats: 191/141.2/135 Female 5 ft 8 in
BF:???%/23%/20%
Progress: 89%
Default Kathy's IF Story

My IF story begins on February 12th 2007. I read Dr. Eades blog entry and began right away with an all day fast, eating in the evening. I experimented with a long window but what works best for me is to eat one big meal with all I want and close my window. I do this every day.

I follow IF for the overall health benefits. My father is diabetic and had massive open heart surgery. My mother has rhuematoid arthritis, lupus, and genetically ridiculously high cholesterol. I have none of these, but boy am I a carb addict. I've used LC for more than 20 years--going off to have my children and three other times. In all of those instances, I gained massive amounts of weight and could not control my eating.

LC and IF give me complete control over those issues and the threats posed by my family's health history. No one has specifically mentioned the "inflammation" issues that IF helps with, so let me do that. Because of the chronic inflammatory diseases my mother has, I believe IF is imperative for me.

Do the research for yourself and see if IF is for you. Weight control is possible and improved health is a lifetime benefit we're all striving for. You'll find this forum to be helpful and supportive.

KB