Old Sat, Dec-08-07, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ IF
Stats: 162/128/130 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
My belly gets big when I eat thing that irritate it, like dairy, nuts, grains. It seems like it is a swelling of the intestines. But that is generally lower belly area like at the belly button or below.

Nancy, I think you are talking about a change in your belly 'size' in immediate response to eating personally 'irritant' foods, while Jono is referring to changes that maintain over a longer term than hours/days. You also feel some kind of distress from these foods anyway don't you? Jono, do you feel distress from your belly 'fat' changing? Apart from not looking as good naked of course.

I've personally found that any unsaturated fat tends to cause more bodyfat gain. I must say I haven't even tried to distinguish between subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. And the higher the MCT content the less fat gain. So non MCT saturated fat promoted more bodyfat gain, but only marginally so. I'm reading a lot more stuff about the inflammatory/lipid peroxide factor from unsaturated fat so I'm trying to minimize my PUFA intake. Pity, I used to enjoy nuts. But I do feel so much healthier (fewer old performance injury aches and pains ) for not eating them. I'm even off the MUFa's as well as the poly's at the moment. If it's unsaturated, I avoid it.

Stuart