View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-07, 10:30

Plan: my own
Stats: 215/215/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Me too!

I am addicted to soda also-mainly Mountain Dew. Do NOT feel alone. If you 'google' "soda addiction" a major network just did a story on it. Of course, it's a problem in the U.S. with 'super-size' this and 'big gulp' that. One of my friends (a smoker) is actually on me to quite Mountain Dew. My extended family (that used to be a bunch of tea totallers) was actually encouraging me to drink wine with them at Thanksgiving (instead of the Mountain Dew). They used to drink soda and sweet tea all the time and now my Mountain Dew habit has them more concerned than if I downed a bunch of wine and then passed out with my two and five year olds in the jacuzzi. I am the addict-the weak one-the bad person. Diabetes runs in our family but I don't have it....Yet. I know I need to quit but every time I try to stop cold turkey I feel like all of the sunshine has been sucked out of my life. I recently read "You, on a Diet". That helped a little bit-to know really how bad the sugar is for your body. I drink about two, twist-off Mountain Dews a day. I slowly drink them throughout the day. This keeps a constant amount of sugar in my bloodstream and on my teeth. (I am crazy about dental hygiene.) I figured this up and this equates to 60 pounds of calories a year (amazingly this is roughly the amount I am overweight). When I stopped drinking soda for two months last year though I didn't lose an ounce so I must have substituted with something. When I stopped last year I just gutted it out for 2-3 weeks then the cravings decreased...but they never went away. I drank a TON of water. I feel your pain. This is a very real addiction. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. I call it "mommy juice". Good luck. Let me know how you do.