View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 03:45

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%
Default Adapting to Higher carbs

Hi Maintainers, I have reached my goal a couple of times ago, but now am fluctuating (between 2-4lbs a week) - I was panicking last week but pleased to hear from other threads here that this is not unusual.

I would like to ask you ladies how to adapt to higher carbs intake, I certainly don’t want eat rice/wheat (has really bad effect on me) but would like to add more fruit to my daily intake, up to now I’ve been sticking to the recommended berries, but would also include other fruit (e.g. Clementine, oranges, mango, pears etc) I am aware all of these are quite sugary, but would like to incorporate some of them as snacks (fruit are still the best fast food I can take away with me and find everywhere if stuck, and believe it’s a healthier snack than LC goodies) I mess making fresh fruit salads, and would like to have it back on my menu.

I tried a quarter of a pomegranate and quarter mango this weekend, but ended up bloated and gassy (I only experiment at the weekends cuz at least am at home when horrid side effects happen from strange foods) I was really disappointed, I knew wheat/ bread would have this effect on me, but I really really want some fruit back into my diet, I am happy with berries, but would like to mix it up a bit. Has anyone gone through this and their body adapted to fruits again without getting bloated and gassy? If so how should I do it? Should I incorporate a small portions then increase volumes?
Sponsored Links