View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-07, 15:35
Paper beats rock?!?

Plan: Atkins! (Maintenance)
Stats: 178/147.6/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Strategizing about water weight - do you deliberately go under goal to allow for it?

So, I've been experimenting with higher carb levels, trying to figure out the level at which cravings and out-of-control appetite will resurface (so I can then stay under that level). So far, I've made it up to 70g, but at that point, I gain about 3 pounds of water.

How have maintainers here chosen to handle water weight resulting from increased carb intake? Did you deliberately lose past your goal weight to allow for the glycogen weight? Or do you think that's silly? I guess I wouldn't care about water retention, except that it does increase my measurements slightly, by about half an inch. And it alarms me to see the higher number on the scale. Of course, the water and inches drop away after a day of induction-level net carbs.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Also -- one more question occurs to me. if I'm not putting on water weight until I hit the high 60s, does that mean I'm in ketosis when I'm under 60? How crazy would that be... I'd assumed I'd been out of ketosis for months now, ever since I started chowing down on apples and nuts and yogurt and celery root on a regular basis.
Sponsored Links