View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:17

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 200/170/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Question New to LC but not to CFID & FM

Please Help!!! I got into this because my daughter has lost 60 pounds and posts on her own forum as hjackson. However, I have been doing this LC WOL since Nov 1st and with the exception of Thanksgiving, I have not cheated at all! Not one M&M, not one french fry. On Thanksgiving I did eat a measured 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, harvard beets, and stuffing. My mom made my two favorite pies and I had a sliver no bigger than 1 inch wide of both pumpkin and cheese pie, although later I did eat my husband's pie when he didn't want them. I have yet to break 10 lb. loss although I'm close. Is it my meds, my lack of exercise, an extremely resistant metabolism, what? Can anyone give me any advice, any clues, meds that have worked for them that my Dr. may consider a switch? I take 5mg Valium, 1 a day at bedtime as a muscle relaxant; 0.5mg Clonazapam, 1 a day at bedtime to help me focus through the fibro fog; 75mg amytriptyline at bedtime for sleep; 50mg Vioxx 1 at bedtime for pain; 75mg Effexor XL 1 at bedtime to ward off migraines; 75mg attenol for POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). I take them at bedtime to reduce any drowsy side effects and so I remember to take them. I also take Imatrex 50mg when I have a migraine, Tylenol #3 when the pain is bad, and 1000mg of Motrin every four hours for pain control during the day. Has anybody had any experience with any of these meds? What about an exercise regiment that won't make me comatose the next day. Any Help would be welcomed.Thanks!