#36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 10:19

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Here's for the first one:

Made with granular Splenda:
1 tablespoon: 7 Calories; trace Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
1/4 cup: 30 Calories; trace Fat; 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
1 cup: 111 Calories; trace Fat; 6g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 24g Net Carbs

Made with liquid Splenda:
1 tablespoon: 7 Calories; trace Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
1/4 cup: 28 Calories; trace Fat; 1g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
1 cup: 105 Calories; trace Fat; 6g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 21g Net Carbs

And here's for the 2nd one:

Made with granular Splenda:
1 tablespoon: 8 Calories; trace Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs
1/4 cup: 31 Calories; trace Fat; 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; 6.5g Net Carbs
1 cup: 124 Calories; trace Fat; 5g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 26g Net Carbs

Made with liquid Splenda:
1 tablespoon: 7 Calories; trace Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs
1/4 cup: 28 Calories; trace Fat; 1g Protein; 7.5g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
1 cup: 113 Calories; trace Fat; 5g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 23g Net Carbs

I finally had a chance to try some Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup (formerly called Heinz One Carb) and wanted to get as close as I could to creating a good copycat ketchup. My biggest stipulation was that I didn't want to have to cook my ketchup. I wanted it to be just as easy to whip up as my previous recipe. I think I've come pretty close to the Heinz. The main things that are missing in my recipe are the deeper, cooked flavor and the excess salt. I decided not to try and copy the saltiness since I thought the Heinz was overly salty. I used 1/2 teaspoon salt, but feel free to try up to a full teaspoon if you want yours to be as salty as the Heinz. I like the consistency and flavor of this version much better than my Better "Heinz" Ketchup. Adding tomato sauce made all the difference. Even if this isn't identical to the Heinz ketchup, I think it tastes very good and I'm happy with the flavor.