View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-07, 12:25

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 280/166/167 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 101%

Hey, Yvonne!

I can relate to what you are saying. I lost my first 50 pounds or so going quite low carb and my hair came out in clumps. I switched to SB, upped my carbs and that all cleared up. I also can't exercise at all if my carbs are too low.

Now, having said that, I think a big mistake many SBers make is adding grains back too fast. In Ph 2 fruit (like berries) should be added first. Add a second fruit in week 2. Then in week 3 add something like a sweet potato if you like. Grains should be the last thing you add in. In your case, there's no reason to rush into adding grains at all ~ you know they are a problem for you. SB is NOT low carb, it's good carbs, not white refined junk. I get frustrated that so many "professionals" call it low carb. There really are many similarities between SB and a healthy Mediterrenean diet.

That is so sweet of your husband and it sounds like he is supportive of you. DOn't feel bad about the diet from the gym. I looked at my gym's recommended diet and it was garbage IMO. You know your body better than any dietician. Lots of good veggies, lean protein, some fruit and you'll do fine. And don't keep your calories too low for very long ~ it will just slow your metabolism.