View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 18:52
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default What's one thing you were scared to do because of your weight, but did?

There's a thread in the Triple Digits Club about things people want to do when they have lost all their weight. Lots of the ideas are inspiring and are clearly things that members of the Triple Digits Club cannot do at their current weights. However, I find some of the posts disturbing -- people are not doing things that they are capable of doing because they are concerned about other people judging them because of their weight. I am as guilty of this as everyone else. I think we need to encourage each other to do things without waiting until we get to goal. Getting to goal will take a long time for many of us. Many of the things we are not doing -- such as putting on a bathing suit and going swimming -- could help us get to goal.

I'd like to start a new thread: what's one thing you were scared to do because of your weight, but did?

I will start: I danced at my office holiday party last weekend. I have been going to my office holiday parties for years and never danced, although I loved to dance, because I worried about my co-workers staring at me. This weekend I danced and for the first time I had a great time at the office holiday party! I don't think anyone was staring at me and whispering, but if they were, I don't care. I have as much right to dance as anyone else.

I'd like to challenge everyone to do one thing over the holiday season that they have avoided doing because of their weight. If you do something new, please tell us about it so we can cheer each other on.
Sponsored Links