Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPeace
I have/had what I think is/was mild type 2 diabetes. My FG about the end of January was 128, and my 2 hour glucose test was 239.

On Eat to Live, I eat at >=1 lb raw veg, >=1 lb cooked nonstarchy veg, 4-5 low sugar fruits (tomatoes and red peppers count), >=1 cup of beans, =1 oz tree nuts, =1 tbsp ground flax seed, fish oil and 1000 units of vitamin D. When I am done with that, I only have room for about 200-300 kcal of other stuff. I am losing about 1.5 lbs per week.

My morning glucometer readings have been improving steadily, and for the past week, have ranged from 79 to 97, average 88. One night I ate a cup of starchy veg and two slices of bread, and readings were good the next morning. I am still on 250 mg metformin twice a day, but I will definitely talk to my doctor about discontinuing. Since I was about 80 lbs overweight, and barely met the classification of diabetic, I think there should be no problem coming off the metformin and Lipitor. My BP has remained normal with meds (115/70 these days), so I will likely be on ramipril for a while.

One thing about my eating habits. I generally have three closely spaced meals 4-5 hours apart, but don't eat in the evening. I think that gives my pancreas a nice break of about 12 hours or more.

Most of the time I was exercising 1/2 hour 4x per week or so, but I have increased that, trying to work it up to one hour daily.
So what is diabetes reversal? Healthy FG, GTT and A1C? If you have all those are you cured?

Wow, this is interesting. This plan does not include any animal products, is it a vegan diet? Is it satisfying, meaning, are you allotted cheese, butter, olive oil or animal protein?
Thanks in advance.
C.