#3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 12:17

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Male -
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypeeoh
It seems logical the body would produce sugar via gluconeogenesis to keep it available for use by the muscles. How long have you been doing this workout? If it's something new, then I'd consider it 'intense' because your body is being stressed.

Hum things have been patchy - several years without exercise due to ill-health, then I have been exercising Nov 06 till now, with a break at the Christmas period, and a break in March, but otherwise regular schedule of 5-6 times per week. It does feel challenging, especially the interval training and elevated heart rate, but I guess I still think of intense as a different level to what I do.

About gluconeogenesis, yes that makes sense, but from what material I can find, that won't be causing a rise in blood glucose for the average person (except for the 'intense' situations). What I'm most curious about is if I can avoid it by different types of training, or at different times of day, or maybe it's a temporary aberration that I can burn off eventually (I hope).