View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 09:43

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

Ahhh Kaypeeoh , not so fast my friend..
soy is not a staple in the east as one has been led to believe.

They use it only as a condiment ,hardly ever as a main course and the average intake is around 14 grams...a tablespoon

Plus the "peasants" who do take in more have a higher rate of thyroid cancer than those who consume less.

When I go to chinese,japanese and other eastern resteraunts, all I see is menus loaded with Beef,Pork,Chicken,Fish..

While working at this store ,I actualy took the time to visit about 25 chinese resteraunts here in the Valley and asked them about their soy/tofu consumption.

Their answer?? Mostly meat and veggies, with most leaning toward fish and veggies.

Hardly scientific,but alot of these people were transplants from China or Japan and they all shook their heads when asked if they ate 'alot" of soy products.

some did say they would eat fermented products like Kim chee or Natto as a meal,but that was only in a great while.

Never heard of Sweet and Sour tofu or Mongolian tofu.

and another thing. From my years of running a health food store, I have seen first hand the deleterious effects of soy.

I was going to drop it from our stores,but alas, I was out numbered by my employees. So when we sold it,we handed out info to help guide people on its use and possible side effects.

All in all it is really just a cheap and incomplete protein source, missing crucial growth promoting aminos and the estrogen is quite high..and it happens to be one of the most allergenic foods on the earth.

I tell people if you want to have it make sure it is no more than a tablespoon a day.