View Single Post
  #222   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 16:49

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
OK, so on a very low carb diet there is insulin drop until the low carb level is maintained, but adding carbs will change the picture, I believe. So, the insulin sensitivity is not improved generally speaking, but maintain under certain conditions.

There is a saying that goes, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got" which is right up there with "One definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing and expecting a different result." I have no doubt that going back to eating in a way that made me IR in the first place won't have that same effect again if I were foolish enough to return to it. Just because it's been reversed doesn't mean it won't ever come back if you do the same thing again that caused it in the first place. That's kind of like thinking that if you lose all your weight, you can go back to eating like you did before when you got overweight and not gain any weight back. As many here can attest, it doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Well, of someone has FBG of 90, does it mean they have DP?

When that's the highest reading of the day, yes. As I said before, it's a matter of degrees.