Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 02:48
Registered Member

Plan: Pure Carnivore
Stats: 130/165/200 Male 5' 11" still growing
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatzrus
the native american bone structure is pure beautiful and im under the impression that what you eat affects what your skull looks like and how it forms. if im still a teenager and i stick with a true paleo diet, meaning meats organ meats and some fruits, is there a chance my bone structure can repair itself and start forming the "right" way. im not expecting my whole face to just simply morph into a native american bone structure overnight, nor do i know for sure whether foods affect bone structure, im just curious and think it'd be wonderful if since im still growing if i stick with a true paleo diet my bone structure could finish growing the right way.
comments are greatly appreciated

Foods definitely impact genetic expression- and if the nutrition isn't there, the skull is one of the first things to be comprimised. The basic shape and structure of your head is largely determined between conception and the first year or two of your life, so that window's passed by long ago for us, HOWEVER, the human body is a dynamic organic construction- even if what you eat now doesn't affect the basic foundation of your skull, it will still affect your bone structure on a micro level (thickness, density, even size, etc.) Just wait 7 years, when all your cells are recycled, and you'll definitely see a change ;-)

Personally, I have been living a purely carnivorous lifestyle for the past half year (since 16 1/2), and I'm already noticing my wrist/arm bones are getting thicker and larger, my cheekbones are a little more prominent and feel thicker and stronger- I keep having 'growing pains' in my facial bones, and I can feel more blood circulating in my face- perhaps this is my body recognizing it no longer needs to comprimise my facial structure with my high nutrient load now? Of course, it could just be coinciding with my individual growth pattern, but it seems a little TOO abrupt and coincidental for it to just be that, as growth for me before was gradual and slow, while now it is rapid.

Stay true to the way our forefathers ate, man, and your body will maximize its potential from where you're at now, and on top of that, your children will enjoy the experience of having fully developed bodies. We are the next step in regenerating the human race to its former glory (to the physical excellence of early cro-magnon man)

Also don't forget to read up on Weston A. Price, you can read the whole book of "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" here: http://journeytoforever.org/farm_li...e/pricetoc.html

signed, another teenage paleo/carnivore

-Matt