View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 02:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.2/236.3/187 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default What rice?

I have to agree with the postings regarding the ability or personal choice to exclude rice from ones diet and still be able to eat ample enjoyable food.

I live with my partner and children in Thailand and as in most Asian countries, rice is a staple. Both my partner and I have been attempting to get some structure into our lives in the way of low carb and weigh loss.

For us is has been easier said than done.

However, when I explained that white rice, had little to no nutritional value but was packed with weight inducing carbs, the choice was easy.

My partner, Kwan, whom has eaten rice ALL her life has reduced her intake dramatically and despite an as yet consistent exercise regime, she has shed a few kilos.

It gets down to a personal choice. Personally I quite enjoy some rice dishes, but I now use them as a treat, rather than a staple.

A trick I use instead of rice is to have chopped cabbage as a base for other food and hence replace the rice with the cabbage.

Each to their own of course, but rice will definitely increase if not hinder weight loss.

Good luck to all.

Paulee.

PS: I'm an Aussie too and love my beer, but that has been exponentially reduced as well. As has my total lcohol intake as alcohol reduces the bodies ability to metabolize fat.