View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Oct-11-06, 13:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/125/120 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 90%

For several years in high school and in my first year of college I struggled with anorexia. When my weight drop to 110 lbs (I'm 5'9) I realized that I was killing myself, so I began eating again, thinking I could cure myself. However, I failed to address the emotional reasons as to why I had/have an eatting disorder. As a result I went from being anorexic to being bulemic or rather I starting binging, the purging came later. Now that I'm about 129 lbs, I've started to feel unhappy with my weight and I'm slipping into my old anorexic habits--I know I should get help but I'm scared to.

I do have to warn you all though this whole experience with ED's has been while I've been on Atkins, I have never intentionally strayed from the plan.

I wish I wasn't so obsessed with food and that it didn't matter, there are so many more important things in my life...sigh...It really is a vicious cycle that stems from so many things. For me personally its want of control and poor self esteem. This is the first time I've ever admitted to having a problem with food....