View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 17:28

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

THanks for all of the wonderful cheesy ideas!! I love the fact that I've been able to keep losing while eating cheese daily. I will try it too. THanks to the Canucks for the extra Canadian references

Another sandwhich idea I'm liking: you can buy lettuc crisps (Loblaws in ON and Qc) that are nice crispy solid curled up big lettuce pieces, made to go in tacos. I use them AS the taco and put cold grilled chicken, hummus, red peppers, tabouli salad (by the way, don't seem to need to worry about counting the small amount of couscous in tabouli even as a carb - hasn't made a difference to my losing and I eat it a lot.....go to lebanese restos and have tons of their roasted chicken, hummus, tabouli and regular salad instead of rice). I know hummus (chickpeas) has carbs, but so far, I've only counted as a protein and it's worked (ie - I'm trying to do 1 portion of starchy carbs per day and don't count this in that), but htat's what South Beach does;you can have hummus during the first strict phase of no starchy carbs at all.

ANyway, just ideas......you can also put more taco type stuff in the lettuc taco like salsa, sour cream or plain yogurt, cheese, etc.

Latté Lover