View Single Post
  #186   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-06, 10:29
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
As I look back over the last 5 years I have learned the following.

1. My way of eating healthy doesn't have to be like another person's way. My low carbing will not be the same as anothers.
You really have to listen to yourself and no excuses.

I flirted with AS, SA, eggs, cheese, milk, soy and found out that I can't eat them... I feel ill. So if you can. Feel fortunate as for me I don't think of it as something I can't eat more like those things make me sick!

2. Closeness with your friends and family doesn't mean you have to blow your way of eating and staying low carb can be easy if you bring something you can eat to share. Trust me, no one notices if you don't eat the bun or the potatoes. I used to blow my way of eating every Friday (friend gaming night) before believing this.

Examples of things I bring: Cream cheese, spinach and artichoke dip, Assorted finger veggies: mini carrot sticks, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, zuccini slices, celery, green (red, orange, yellow) bell pepper slices.. etc. People love that I bring veggies for they are often the missing dish when people get together for potlucks.

3. Speaking of veggies, EAT Them first to get your carbs then say potatoes, rice, fruit etc. I don't have the later without having at least three servings of veggies. I remember on low fat diets I hardly ate veggies at all. One thing I did learn for myself. Raw veggies are yummy and easy to port around.
(Yes I know some are no carbs but this is for those who are low carb)

4. I added this one for it is so true. I used to be a person who got prepared food often to save me time. Unfortunately it didn't save me unwanted carbs and calories. For me the more pure the food source the better my body feels.
I love my store for you can get chopped red onion, green peppers, or other vegges. I keep them, garlic, and minced tomatoes (ok they are in jar with olive oil) so when I need more for my meal I just toss them in.
I now limit my diet soda and coffee (no not cut them all out but only have one a day) As well as AS's.