#5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-06, 01:32
Registered Member

Plan: SPI
Stats: 154/165/132 Female 168
BF:33%
Progress: -50%

[QUOTE=BoomerGuy]Welcome, Stacey!

Thanks for sharing the level of detail you did. It sounds like not only are you insulin resistant, but your description makes you sound like the "poster child" for burned-out adrenals!

Your meal planning sounds very good. And since you already have all of the other Schwarzbein books, you might enjoy the cookbook as well. Lots of good (and tasty) recipes.

The reason I mentioned burned-out adrenals is because of the abuse your body has undergone - driving and hammering it to try to achieve your goals - and the breakdown and your current need for sleep. You have placed an incredible amount of stress on your body, and it's telling you it must rest and recharge.

So, sleep all you can. I'm guessing that you'll find that after a few weeks (or even months), your need to sleep will decrease. In the meantime, you might consider cutting off exercise altogether. (It does sound suspiciously like you have become addicted to exercise....)

Eat well. Rest. Read all the Schwarzbein books, cover to cover. And remember that TSP is much more than just a Way of Eating (WOE) program - it's a WOL (Way of Life)!

Again, welcome. If there's any way we can help, let us know. And as far as being a bit worried about things..? "No worries, mate."

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. )

thanks for the great reply Don, love the sense of humour...you must be aussie...hehe..
yeah, all i want to do is sleep all the time. I had class from 11-4 today and i was sooo tired i could barely keep my eyes open...and the headaches...oh god...the pain...im not on coffee anymore, just 1-2 green teas a day, but im soo tempted to go back to my old ways just to feel better.
i went to my gp this morning and said i wanted my adrenal glands tested and he goes huh...? how do i do that...and i was like god...you serious...you have studied for 8 years or so, i shouldnt have to tell you mate!
haha
so i asked for cortisol, fasting insulin, FSH, LH, Blood fats etc, free androgens and um...estrogen. I also asked for an iron level check and vitamin and blood cell stuff...i wont get most of the tests back till next week tho. waiting in anticipation...im so nervous....i hope im not insulin resistant or have burnt out adrenals but unfortunately i think i do...i do just want to cry about it all and am so tempted to just not worry about my body and just do what i want to do.
anyway...so, with my endocrinologist tell me if i have burnt out adrenals....? the problem is is that i only had the one test done, dont you normally need more than one done throughout the day...
and from the books, it said if you have burnt out adrenals, then they are going to read a low reading...is that correct?
its all so confusing...giving up gluten is a big ask i tell you. im so addicted to oatmeal!!! YUM
So, i have another food idea i can share with everyone that i used to make with oatmeal. I do it with a lactose free and gluten free protein powder.

1 scoop of protein powder (or enough to make up a 14g serve as a snack)
1/3 cup millet (i think this is the gluten free grain i bought 4 bfast)
1/2-1tbspn of almond paste
i usually dissolve the powder into a moderately think paste, add the millet and then the paste and roll into little truffle balls. i used to roll them in dessecated coconut, but i left this out while on TSP. Then put in the fridge to set for a fwe hours. tastes like chocolate rice bubbles with a dash of almond. yum...i hope this snack is schwarzbein approved. hehe
stace