View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 14:04
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Need to drop in on and say this is the BEST greek salad I've ever eaten. Made it last night, and used fresh basil, oregano & italian flat leaf parsley for the recommended "handful of fresh herbs" part. Added some sliced black olives. Went ahead with the anchovies - just chopped them up before adding to the salad.

This thing was so good, that I found myself eating it for both breakfast and lunch today as well (was lots leftover). Also used slightly less lettuce than called for, making it a reasonable choice to have "leftovers" - because there's less lettuce, it's not too soggy in the fridge the next day.

Anyway - thank you so much for this recipe.

Anyone wanting to lighten up their meals a bit and have a beautiful salad should definintely make this one. It's an absolutely perfect summer-time meal. I put it on a pretty blue glass plate, and we (the three of us) just had mini-bottles of Pellegrino and lime wedges for our beverages. Nobody got "too full" and all loved the salad.

Sara

PS - editing to add: I didn't have any envelopes of sweetener, so I used a scant teaspoon of granular splenda (for the dressing) instead - it worked just fine.