#31   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: Zone - Started 1/1/05
Stats: 144/137/130 Female 5'6½"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question New to this with questions...

hi you guys, i've enjoyed reading thru your posts. i just switched to CAD from adkins because of the GUILT of eating carbs at lunch. i can handle breakfast and dinner, but at lunch time i'm in my car (i'm in sales) and i tend to end up meeting with clients and munching on bread, or eating crackers or chips and dip and it was driving me NUTS. i had no will power (or desire to tell people what was going on) other days i'd end up at my parents for lunch (they're close to my work) and of course all they have is sandwich stuff and chips and cookies (and of course now, after halloween, CANDY) i just couldn't handle the temptation. dinner was always easy because my boyfriend is also low carbing and we'd cook together (terrific support).

but anyway, enough of my excuses, i read about CAD on here yesterday and went out and got the book. just the idea that i can eat a burger (WITH the bun) and anything else i'd want (pizza, chips, fries, you know) as long as it's within an hour makes me feel GOOD. i've been up and down with adkins. i'm currently back at my start weight of 145, but have been as low as 138. i only want to be down to 130, i know that's not much to lose, but i fear if i don't get control of my eating NOW, i'll eventually end up with a BIG goal.

i do have one question tho. what is the limit for carbs at the CMs? i think i read on here that it's 4, but i've not seen that in the book yet...HELP! so far today all i've had is 2 eggs fried in a T of butter so i think i'm ok, but some of my dinner recipes have anywhere from 5-10 carbs in them (which was great for adkins, but maybe not now?)

SO, i'm looking for tips, tricks, success stories, inspiration, whatever you can throw at me...THANK YOU!!!
Sponsored Links