View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 21:06

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 24 April 2006

It’s been an entire month since embarking on a zero-carb eating plan. So far, my performance hasn’t been adversely affected; however, the true test will come in the following months when increasing the intensity of anaerobic activities such as weight lifting, sprinting, and when I begin to fence in some tournaments.

This morning’s run was again effortless. I covered about 5 miles in 30 minutes running at about 8.5 mph. During the run, I could have run faster; and, after the run, I could have easily run longer. For the period while zero-carbing, I will keep my runs to 30 minutes. I may opt to run faster, but will keep the time static, for now.

I was able to leave the office a little early today for my lower body workout. For whatever reason, I felt very strong tonight. I was able to complete all of my sets (specifics on the front page) experiencing muscle failure only on the final reps; if this keeps up, I will need to increase weights incrementally by 5 lbs. I will focus more on increasing the intensity of my lower body workouts with the hope of building and getting my leg muscles ready for constant bursts of lunging forward and backward when parrying and riposting in competitive fencing bouts.

Dinner tonight is pretty simple consisting of ribeye steak, chicken, cheese, eggs, and a side of fish (my new veggie).